Do you have stained teeth? Are you looking for a dental treatment that can brighten your smile? Transform your smile at your leisure with teeth whitening at our Midland, TX dental office.
From creamy coffee to delicious berries, many of the finer things in life can leave your teeth looking yellow and dull. While you may initially turn to store-bought whitening kits, it won’t take long for you to realize they deliver lackluster results at best.
Fortunately, there is a way you can effectively transform your smile at your leisure: take-home whitening treatments! Dr. Michael Courter helps countless patients lift stubborn stains with this popular cosmetic dentistry service.
Dr. Michael Courter provides his patients with professional teeth whitening treatment in our North Midland dental office. Professional teeth whitening treatment can brighten tooth enamel by many shades in a single session.
Whitening your teeth can create a younger-looking smile and improve your confidence. Keep reading to discover the common causes of tooth discoloration, and how you can brighten your smile at home.
Common Causes of Tooth Discoloration
Stained, yellowed, or discolored teeth are that way due to a variety of reasons. Reasons such as:
- Tobacco Products: Cigarettes, vapes, and other tobacco or nicotine products can cause the teeth to appear yellow. Nicotine and tar that are in tobacco turn yellow when combined with oxygen. This is the reason why the teeth become discolored after smoking or using tobacco.
- Poor Oral Hygiene: Not brushing and flossing the teeth and gums twice a day can cause tooth discoloration. Food debris and plaque, a sticky film caused by bacteria buildup, can discolor teeth.
- Foods and Beverages: Pigmented foods and beverages, including tea, coffee, wine, berries, and tomato-based products, can cause tooth stains. These foods and beverages contain chromogens, pigmented compounds that can easily stick to the tooth enamel.
- Medications and Medical Conditions: Certain medications like antihistamines, antibiotics, blood pressure medications, and antipsychotics may discolor the teeth. Additionally, patients with celiac disease, rickets, calcium deficiencies, or metabolic diseases may be more prone to sudden tooth discoloration.
To stay on track with your smile, schedule routine dental appointments, keep up with your oral hygiene routine, avoid tobacco products, and take note of your current medications. If you are unhappy with your discolored teeth, ask us about your whitening options.
How Take-Home Teeth Whitening Treatment Works
Take-home teeth whitening treatments are easy to use and deliver beautiful results. This treatment allows our patients to gradually whiten their smiles in the comfort of their own homes.
Once we confirm that you are a candidate and learn all about your smile goals at your initial consultation, we will provide you with custom-fitted trays and a powerful whitening kit. Together, they will deliver dramatic results you just won’t find with diluted, one-size-fits-all alternatives.
Plus, our take-home treatments can remove stains both above and below the surface of your enamel, resulting in a noticeably whiter smile in just two weeks in many cases!
First, we will take dental impressions of your teeth to fabricate custom whitening trays. Once the trays are complete, we provide you with the whitening kit that includes their trays and whitening gel. We will also advise patients on how long they should wear their trays daily.
The Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
There are many benefits to whitening your teeth at the dental office. Having white teeth can make you look younger and more attractive. It is a sign of good oral hygiene and can help boost your confidence. However, it is important to understand that white teeth are not just about aesthetics.
They are also an indication of good dental health, which is why it is important to visit your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings.
Our dentist can help you achieve the perfect shade of white for your teeth, as well as provide advice on how to maintain them in the long run. Investing in professional teeth whitening comes with a number of other benefits as well. Other benefits can include:
- A quick brighter smile.
- Safe and non-invasive dental service.
- Treatment considers improving both your smile and oral health.
- Whitening products are completely customized, significantly reducing tooth sensitivity.
- Effectively lift stubborn stains and discoloration from the comfort of your own home.
Other Teeth Whitening Solutions
Not all tooth stains respond to traditional whitening treatments. Deeper stains require different treatments. Dental bonding and porcelain veneers are both options that can take care of deeply stained teeth. Porcelain veneers are a permanent restoration that covers the front and sides of your tooth.
They’re made of thin shells of durable porcelain ceramic. We make the material match the shade of white that you desire for your smile. However, once our dentist applies porcelain veneers to your teeth, they will always need them.
Dental bonding is a more economical option. If you’re not ready for a permanent restoration, then don’t worry because dental bonding is temporary. Bonding material is malleable and easily color-matched to the shade of white that you’re looking for.
Our dentist molds the bonding material to the shape of your tooth, so that it completely hides the stains. After we show you what it looks like and with your approval, Dr. Courter will harden the material using a special light and polish it to match the sheen of your natural teeth.
How to Maintain Your Results
Once you see your new and improved smile firsthand, you’ll want the results to last as long as possible! To do so, it is key that you implement the following oral hygiene best practices:
- Brush your teeth for two minutes at least twice a day.
- Treat flossing as important as brushing.
- Prioritize your six-month dental checkups and cleanings.
- Quit poor dental habits, like smoking.
- Limit dark-colored foods and beverages, like coffee.
- Keep up with touch-up treatments as needed to prolong your results.
Does it sound like an at-home teeth whitening treatment is the smile-transforming service that you are looking for? Then get in touch with our team today to schedule your initial consultation! We would love to help you make your dream smile a reality.
Call Dr. Courter for comfortable teeth whitening treatments at 432-287-9531. You can also schedule a dental appointment with Dr. Courter online. Please let us know if you have any specific questions or concerns about your whitening options. We are happy to help you.