Getting to Know You and Your Needs
At Dr. Michael C. Courter’s dental office, you won’t find him running around from operatory to operatory when it’s time for your visit. Instead, you can expect a dentist and team that takes the time to listen and get to know you on a personal level.
When you need dental care, he provides an attention to detail that you won’t find in your traditional, run-of-the-mill dental office that cares more about seeing as many patients as possible. Instead, you’ll find a dentist that truly cares about you and your family’s needs.
Dr. Michael Courter and our office staff offer high-quality, comprehensive dental care to patients of all ages. Dr. Courter has years of experience in private practice and has continued his dental education to provide the latest treatments.
He has taken post-graduate courses on orthodontics, dental implants, cosmetic dental care, and more to meet the needs of his patients.
Dr. Courter is also a member of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), the American Orthodontic Society (AOS), the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID), and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).
Along with his friendly dental team, Dr. Courter makes his Midland dental office a place patients can feel confident under our care. To learn more about Dr. Courter, see Michael Courter, D.D.S.
Locally Owned & Operated
Other dental offices often have little control over how they can run their dental office, but not Dr. Courter’s dental office. As a locally owned and operated dental office in the Permian Basin, he’s able to build a team that cares about providing exceptional care just as much as he does.
He can personalize the dental office and every aspect of your care based on your needs, not some one-size-fits-all solution. With over 16 years of practicing in Midland under his belt, he can’t wait to serve you!
Michael C. Courter, D.D.S. is located in the Garfield Business Center, right across the street from Midland College. Our address is 4305 N Garfield Street #221
Midland, TX 79705.
We serve patients from all Midland County neighborhoods including, but not limited to:
- Green Tree North / Midland Country Club Estates
- Grassland Estates
- Polo Park / Saddle Club South
- Melody Acres / Meadowview
- Ridge Rd / S Lamesa Rd
- Skyline Terrace West / Trinity West
- Highland Park / Claydesta Plaza
Dentistry is hardly a one-person field. Dentists, hygienists and assistants need to work together to ensure that all patients receive comprehensive care from the moment they walk into the dental office. Of course, this isn’t exclusive to our team members.
Patients play a direct role in how they receive care and the treatments they choose. On top of that, we make sure you’re fully informed when it comes to services we provide – to Dr. Courter, patient education is always a high priority.
To learn about financial options, see Payment and Insurance.
Committed to Lifelong Healthy Smiles
Oral health is essential at every age, not just when your permanent teeth are erupting or at risk at falling out. The key to long-term health is prevention. Dr. Courter and his team do everything they can to make sure your oral health needs are met.
Whether you need a basic checkup or restorative dentistry to save a tooth, we make a commitment to ensure lifelong living for your oral and overall health however possible.
Dentistry Done Right Here
There are few things more frustrating than having to jump between multiple dental office locations for care, especially when it’s for basic services. Dr. Courter has completed over 1,000 hours of continuing education in multiple subjects, including orthodontics, dental implants and cosmetic dentistry!
If you need a one-stop shop for your dental care, his dental office is more than likely to have what you need, all without having to travel all over town to get it done.
Creating a Comfortable Space for Patients
We understand that it can be difficult for some patients to visit the dentist on a regular basis. Patients with a negative past experience at the dentist or a fear of loud noises or possible pain associated with procedures may avoid the dentist.
Our friendly dental team and office staff aim to create a space that feels comfortable for all patients. If patients require accommodations for themselves or a loved one, they can contact us at 432-287-9531. We will find a solution that works to alleviate any stress or anxiety about the dentist.
Dr. Courter also provides dental sedation, a treatment method that calms and relaxes patients for their dental procedures. Sedation dentistry is a safe and effective way for patients to receive the care they need without pain.
Under dental sedation, patients will be unconscious and may even fall asleep. We can also offer sedation at routine appointments if patients have severe dental anxiety or fear.
Modern Dental Technology and Treatments
Dr. Courter’s office uses the latest software, modern dental tools and treatments to diagnose and treat patients.
- Digital X-Rays: Modern x-rays are safer than traditional x-rays because they reduce exposure to radiation by over 80 percent. Digital x-rays help our team clearly view the structure of teeth and gums. We can adjust the contrast that these x-rays produce to help diagnose oral health problems including impacted teeth and misalignment.
- CT/Cone Beam Scanner: This scanner produces three-dimensional, detailed images of the mouth. Cone Beam scanners show our dentists the nerves, blood vessels, and overall structure of the mouth. Using CT scans, we are better able to diagnose problems such as gum or dental infections and oral cancers.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are some of the most versatile dental restorations for patients with missing teeth. Implants are titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone. Implants fuse to the jawbone during a process called osseointegration to provide a solid base for dental crowns, dental bridges, or dentures. This process ensures that implants are a permanent part of the mouth.
- Clear Braces: When compared to traditional metal braces, clear braces offer a more discreet and comfortable way for patients to straighten their smiles. Using a series of aligners switched out every few weeks, ClearCorrect gradually realigns crooked teeth over time. The ClearCorrect aligners can also be removed and cleaned by patients so they can eat, brush, and floss without any restrictions.
- Oral Appliances for Sleep Apnea: Traditionally, patients with sleep apnea are treated with CPAP machines. However, these machines can be bulky and uncomfortable for patients to use. Oral appliances can be a great treatment option for patients with mild to moderate sleep apnea. These oral appliances are custom-fit to each patient and allow patients to breathe easily and without interruption. Sleep apnea appliances offer a portable and more comfortable alternative to CPAP machines.
Contact Our Midland Dental Office Today
Dr. Courter serves patients from Midland and Odessa, Texas. Call his office today at 432-287-9531 or request a dental consultation with Dr. Courter on our website. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment. Feel free to contact us if you require any accommodations or have questions about your care.